The Thornhill Soccer Club’s Adult Outdoor Soccer League for 2015 will consist of the following:
- 4 divisions of Open Men’s teams with a maximum of 8 teams in each division
- Division 1 plays on Sunday nights, Division 2 plays on Sunday evenings, Division 3 plays on Sunday afternoons, Division 4 plays during the week (usually at 7:30pm)
- 1 or 2 divisions of Over-35 teams (6 team maximum in each division or 8 team maximum if 1 division)
- Over-35s play on either Tuesday or Thursday nights (at 9:15pm)
- 1 or 2 divisions of Over-40 teams (6 team maximum in each division or 8 team maximum if 1 division)
- Over-40s play on either Monday or Wednesday nights (at 9:15pm)
- 1 Ladies division of 6 teams
Ladies play on Friday nights at 7:30pm or 9:15pm
If there is sufficient interest we will offer a Men’s Under-21 league with a minimum of 6 teams.
We want to guarantee a minimum of 18 games to each team; this includes regular season games and cup games. We expect to start playing no later than May 19th (weather permitting) with the final games being played October 4th.
The cost for each team is $3,500 plus a refundable team bond of $250 for Men’s teams and $100 for Ladies’. A deposit of $500 must be paid at the time of registration for the team to be accepted into the appropriate league. If a team withdraws after April 30th, all funds paid will be forfeited, except for the refundable bond. The refundable team bond is to be provided as a separate payment (credit card, cheque or cash); fines will be deducted from this bond and the remaining balance will be returned at the end of the season. Bond cheques are to made payable to Thornhill Soccer Club.
All team fees and bonds must be paid prior to a team being able to play. This will be strictly enforced with no exceptions.
To register your team, please use the online registration system, register your team and pay the $500 deposit by no later than April 17th, 2015.
For further information, please email the club at email@example.com or call the office at (905) 881-8599.
Further information on the league/status of team registrations and the Sportsmanship Award program will be posted on our web-site www.thornhillsoccer.com.
Yours in soccer,
Thornhill Soccer Club
What is included in the Team Registration Fee:
- Registration with the OSA
- Each team budget is based on 20 players and 3 team officials
- A team may register up to 25 players but only bring 18 to the game
- The Over-35/40 and Ladies divisions are allowed to bring 20 to the game
- Referee Fees
- Each game has 3 game officials
- Cost of Awards
- Awards for 1st and 2nd place in the division
- Awards for Cup Champion and Cup Finalist
- Sportsmanship award for the winner in each division
- All user fees for fields and facilities
- Does not include practice field(s)
- An official game ball for each team
- A league management fee
What is NOT included in the Team Registration fee:
- Uniform for each player
- Player and team fines
- A $30 fee for each player over the 20 player per team limit
- A player may play on more than one team as long as the other team(s) is in a different division
- In the event of ‘inter-divisional play’, the player must indicate his/her primary team prior to any game. Once he/she has played on that team, the player is ‘committed’ to that team for the remainder of the competition and may not switch to another team
- In the event that a team does not have a sufficient bond amount left in their account and a player is fined, the fine must be paid before the player is allowed to play in a game
- In the event that a team does not have a sufficient bond amount left in their account and the team is fined, the fine must be paid before the team is allowed to play in a game